Articles on this Page
- 06/16/13--13:15: _What Your Life Woul...
- 10/02/13--20:15: _The 25 "Simpsons" S...
- 10/18/13--12:15: _20 Things You'll On...
- 10/19/13--00:00: _20 Bloodthirsty Rev...
- 03/25/08--09:45: _McCain's Teeth
- 12/02/13--21:00: _James Franco Once H...
- 01/28/14--10:46: _8 Hot Celeb Food-Ho...
- 04/01/14--15:16: _9 Fruit Hacks For A...
- 05/08/14--18:01: _11 Science Facts Th...
- 05/20/14--11:45: _McDonald's Has A Ne...
- 05/26/14--04:31: _13 Science Question...
- 06/07/14--06:46: _10 Ways You Know Yo...
- 06/17/14--21:16: _The 5 Ways You're C...
- 06/18/14--20:16: _Watch This Little B...
- 07/24/14--05:31: _This Boy Had 232 Te...
- 08/14/14--19:31: _4-Year-Old Is Absol...
- 09/06/14--12:01: _Can You Get Through...
- 09/12/14--19:46: _18 Reasons Braces A...
- 11/06/14--14:01: _18 Faces Everyone W...
- 11/06/14--15:47: _21 Things Everyone ...
- 06/16/13--13:15: What Your Life Would Be Like If You Were A Dog
- 10/18/13--12:15: 20 Things You'll Only Know If Your Parents Were Dentists
- 10/19/13--00:00: 20 Bloodthirsty Revenge Films
- 03/25/08--09:45: McCain's Teeth
- McCain’s New Website Also Features Bad Teeth
- “Is cracking wise about his busted grill crossing the line?”
- Are Those Presidential Teeth?
- Far Right Blog Says McCain’s Bad Teeth Caused By Torture. But If They Were Replaced, Why Not Get White Ones?!
- The McCain Smile
- Dentists Found McCain’s the Worst Among Candidates
- Those Are Some Scary Teeth
- The Brilliant Mob of Yahoo Answers Wonders About McCain’s Teeth, Too
- “Dude looks like Reverend Kane from Poltergeist II every time he smiles.”
- 12/02/13--21:00: James Franco Once Had Buck Teeth And It Was Almost The End Of Him
- 01/28/14--10:46: 8 Hot Celeb Food-Holes That Make You Question The Sanity Of Kissing
- 04/01/14--15:16: 9 Fruit Hacks For A Happier Life
- 05/08/14--18:01: 11 Science Facts That Will Make You Feel Really Weird
- 05/20/14--11:45: McDonald's Has A New Mascot And It Looks Horrendous
- 05/26/14--04:31: 13 Science Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask, Answered
- 06/07/14--06:46: 10 Ways You Know You're A Tooth That's About To Get A Cavity
- 06/17/14--21:16: The 5 Ways You're Cleaning Your Body Wrong
- 06/18/14--20:16: Watch This Little Boy Get His Tooth Pulled Out By A Hot Wheels Car
- 07/24/14--05:31: This Boy Had 232 Teeth Removed From His Mouth
- 09/06/14--12:01: Can You Get Through This Post Without Wanting To Brush Your Teeth?
- 09/12/14--19:46: 18 Reasons Braces Are The Worst Thing That Will Ever Happen To You
- 11/06/14--14:01: 18 Faces Everyone Whose Had Braces Will Immediately Recognize
- 11/06/14--15:47: 21 Things Everyone Who Hates The Dentist Will Understand
Here are answers to the burning question “What if I was a dog?”
Special thanks to my best friend Sherman for starring in this video.
Plus a submarine in the streets of Milan, a beer made with meteorites, and a terrifying toothbrush that’ll clean your teeth in six seconds.
The Simpsons just started its TWENTY-FIFTH season; here's a definitive ranking of all twenty-five of those joyous years. - [Uproxx]
Fox / Via uproxx.com
Trekkies, set your phasers to STUNNED; these photoshopped mashups of past and current Star Trek actors will blow your mind. - [Geeks are Sexy]
You think traffic's bad in your town? Try living in Milan, where an actual submarine surfaced in the middle of the street. - [Daily Mail]
As Miley has shown, it's tough to be 20 years old and in the spotlight; here's what some other famous women were doing when they were Miley's age. - [PopSugar]
“Suction” is more than just a funny word.
You thought the tooth fairy was a colleague of your parents'.
You know that this is called an X-ray picture, not an X-ray.
You know exactly what each of these does.
You have flossing guilt.
Revenge is a dish best served cold — or, in these movies, with ample violence. As the remake of Carrie hits theaters, let’s look back at the original and 19 other films offering serious vengeance. WARNING: Major spoilers for all of the films discussed.
Straw Dogs (1971)
Revenge seekers: David and Amy Sumner
Why they want it: David and Amy move back to her hometown, where they hire locals (including Amy's ex-boyfriend) to renovate their house. The workmen lure David into the woods, then double back to gang-rape Amy.
How they get it: When the workmen later try to seek refuge in the Sumners' home, David uses hot oil and a fire poker to fight back. Eventually, he gets a gun, but it's Amy who shoots and kills the last of her assailants.
The Last House on the Left (1972)
Revenge seekers: John and Estelle Collingwood
Why they want it: Their daughter Mari and her friend Phyllis are sexually abused, tortured, and finally murdered by prison escapees. The criminals then seek haven at the Collingwoods' home, not realizing their relationship to the victim.
How they get it: In the film's most memorable scene, the "blow job with teeth," Estelle bites off a murderer's penis, leaving him to die. The rest of the criminals are killed by shotgun, knife, and chainsaw.
Revenge seeker: Carrie White
Why she wants it: Her classmates have bullied her mercilessly and her religious mother abuses her. She ends up winning prom queen, but only so two cruel students can dump a bucket of pig's blood on her.
How she gets it: She uses her telekinetic powers to cause an electrical fire and set the entire prom ablaze, killing everyone inside. The pranksters only witness the carnage and nearly escape, but Carrie flips over their car, killing them both.
I Spit on Your Grave (1978)
Revenge seeker: Jennifer Hills
Why she wants it: After renting an isolated cottage to work on her writing, she is brutally raped and tortured by a group of locals. They decide to kill her so she can't accuse them of their crimes, but she's spared because one of her attackers feels too much sympathy to do the deed.
How she gets it: She murders all of them. Jennifer tricks the men into believing she wants to have sex with them, then kills them off in increasingly horrifying ways, including a memorable bathtub castration, after which she lets her rapist bleed out.
What’s up with John McCain’s dentist?
The Best Links:
Check out this intense interview he did with J 14 magazine back in the day.
This little piece on James Franco appeared in J 14's "Boy Crazy!" feature (sometime around 2002).
Some favorite quotes....
Ian Gavan Getty/Images Entertainment
Jemal Countess / Getty Images
Pascal Le Segretain / Getty Images
Kissing is weird.
26 billion nubile Americans would like to mash their moist feeding organs against Ryan Gosling's food-hole.
Fruit: It’s not just for eating.
There are lots of awesome ways to use fruit for things besides eating.
For example: Sure, you could just keep making boring old *regular* ice cubes. Or you could add fruit to the equation...
AND LIVE LIKE A KING.
LINK: Inspired by this post.
Sorry, but you’re mostly bacteria.
“Because I’m Happy / Clap along if you feel like AAAAAAAGH!”
This is a Sheepshead fish or Archosargus probatocephalus.
And this is Lady Gaga at the 2013 YouTube Music Awards.
Andrew Kelly / Reuters
"'Happy' is about bringing more fun and excitement to kids' meals, including eating wholesome food choices like low-fat yoghurt," according to the press release.
Featuring blushing, yawning, hiccups, and blue skies.
Why do we sweat when we're nervous?
Your body deals with a potential threat by going into fight-or-flight mode. This involves the part of your brain that controls basic functions, the hypothalamus, telling your adrenal gland to release a ton of hormones. One of these is epinephrine, also known as adrenaline, and is what gets your sweat glands going. The idea is that you'll need to keep cool while you're confronting the threat — even if it's just giving a presentation.
Why do we blush?
This is another symptom of the fight-or-flight response. When you're embarrassed, your body releases adrenaline. Your blood vessels then dilate in order to get more oxygen to your muscles by letting more blood through your veins. This has the unfortunate side effect of making your face look redder. Oh, and it's an involuntary reaction, so there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Why is the sky blue?
Sunlight looks white, but it's actually made up of all the colours in the rainbow. When it hits Earth's atmosphere it is scattered by particles in the air. Different colours of light have different wavelengths, and blue is the shortest, so it gets scattered most. That's why the sky looks blue.
Why do we yawn?
You probably know that yawning is contagious. Seeing someone else yawn, or even just reading this sentence, might trigger you to yawn yourself. There are several theories about why we yawn in the first place but the latest — that we yawn to cool down our brains — seems to be sticking.
The tooth life is hard enough. The last thing you need to worry about is a filling.
1. This is what your human eats for breakfast, lunch, and unfortunately, dinner.
Jeff Adair / Creative Commons / Via Flickr: jeffadair
2. This is the closest the mouth you live in has ever gotten to floss.
movethelife / Creative Commons / Via Flickr: 7485694@N02
3. You're very sensitive to cold water.
Disney / Via threadless.com
4. Your human enjoys brushing their hair but not their teeth.
Fox / Via gurl.com
You’re filthy, trust us.
Doesn’t go exactly as planned.
Lance's family rigged a hot wheels car to a launcher in an attempt to pull his loose tooth out. He wasn't too pleased with the results.
Unfortunately, the tooth didn't want to come out just yet.
After some extra force, Lance was shocked to have it come flying out of his mouth!
He wasn't too happy!
And you thought your trip to the dentist was bad.
Doctors in India removed over 230 teeth from teenager Ashik Gavai's mouth on Monday.
He had gone into hospital after complaining about a painful swelling in the right side of his jaw.
The teenager apparently first noticed the issue some 18 months ago but doctors in his village, which is part of the Buldhana district in Amravati, were unable to diagnose the problem.
STRDEL/AFP / Getty
Gavai eventually travelled to Mumbai’s JJ Hospital, where surgeons carried out a seven-hour operation after discovering the cause of his discomfort.
Dr Sunanda Dhiware told the BBC: "Ashik's malaise was diagnosed as a complex composite odontoma where a single gum forms lots of teeth. It's a sort of benign tumour."
STRDEL/AFP / Getty
"Once we opened it, little pearl-like teeth started coming out, one by one. Initially, we were collecting them, they were really like small white pearls. But then we started to get tired. We counted 232 teeth."
Surgeons revealed afterwards that Gavai now has just 28 teeth. Once he recovers caps will be inserted to replace the removed teeth.
The teenager’s family has been told he will require regular check-ups to make sure the condition does not return.
STRDEL/AFP / Getty
“If I brush them, will they fall out?”
Mana comes face to face with reality in this video when she finds out her baby teeth will one day have to make room for stupid adult teeth. Sorry kid.
"It's normal, little kid teeth ALL fall out, you know," her mom tries to reassure her.
It becomes apparent that she is NOT ok, as she stares deeply into a photo of a child's mouth with large, gaping holes where teeth once proudly stood.
Uh oh, we got bigger problems than baby teeth over here.
Here’s what your teeth look like up close and personal with a scanning electron microscope.
This is a calcium phosphate crystal, the stuff that makes up your tooth enamel.
SPL / Barcroft Media
Here's some plaque forming bacteria, magnified 1000 times. It really likes to hang out on your teeth.
SPL / Barcroft Media
See: here's the surface of a human tooth. Bacteria is coloured blue, red blood cells are red.
SPL / Barcroft Media
When you let the bacteria stick around, plaque starts to form.
SPL / Barcroft Media
If you can survive this, you can handle anything.
You'll want them when your friends have them and then immediately hate them once you get them.
You're in it for the long haul.
The WB / Via 4eva-charmed.tumblr.com
You soon realize that any colors but silver are futile and don't actually make braces more fun.
The "clear" color isn't fooling anyone. Silver is the only way to go.
Nickelodeon / Via makejustawish.tumblr.com
Your regular tightening sessions are dates set in hell.
And you never know when a wire in the back will go rogue and make your mouth the dental version of an iron maiden.
Teletoon / Via youtube.com
Not my cup of cavity.
You've been living in fear of the blue-masked men and women ever since you were little.
And it will continue the rest of your life.
Most of your nightmares start like this.
WAKE UP! WAKE THE FUCK UP!
The smell of latex gloves immediately gives you anxiety.
Do you really gotta stick that glove in my mouth?
You think about what you're going to leave in your will every time they wrap that napkin around your neck.
It was a good life.